My research for Julia Marcinkowska starts in 1892 but I cannot find a maiden name. She was living in Buffalo, New York and was born in Poland.
Eight years later (1900) she is still found in Buffalo living at 18 Brighton Avenue with her family. Her husband was Jan Marcinkowski (b. 1858). Seven of her nine children were still living. They were: Frank 12, Veronica 9, Helena 7, Waleria 6, Bronislana 4, Leon 2, and Mary 1/12. Five years later (1905) Bronislaw 2 was added to the family.
1910 has the family of ten living on Titus Avenue. By 1915 Children Frank, Waleria, and Bronislana are no longer living with the family.
We learn in 1920 that Julia does not speak English. The family is still on Titus Avenue but the makeup of the family has changed. Sons Frank, Leo, and Bernard are still home. Daughter Helen is married to George Gora with son Henry 3 living with her family. By 1925 Leo, Mary, and Bernard are now living with their widowed mom.
By 1930 Julia has learned to speak English. She is still with her three children in the home. It may have felt empty in these last years to have only four in the home after years of close to ten people underfoot.
Two years later those three children would be alone in the home.
After researching I found no connection to the family or why they had the prayer card.
- Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com : accessed 18 May 2020), memorial page for Julianna Marcinkowska (1863–1932), Find a Grave Memorial no. 108351012, citing Saint Stanislaus Roman Catholic Cemetery, Cheektowaga, Erie County, New York, USA ; Maintained by gravefinderStStans (contributor 47637865) .
- Year: 1910; Census Place: Buffalo Ward 12, Erie, New York; Roll: T624_944; Page: 4A; Enumeration District: 0108; FHL microfilm: 1374957
- New York State Archives; Albany, New York; State Population Census Schedules, 1915; Election District: 04; Assembly District: 07; City: Buffalo Ward 16; County: Erie; Page: 36
- Year: 1920; Census Place: Buffalo Ward 16, Erie, New York; Roll: T625_1105; Page: 20A; Enumeration District: 127
New York State Archives; Albany, New York; State Population Census Schedules, 1905; Election District: E.D. 04; City: Buffalo Ward 14; County: Erie; Page: 59
- Year: 1900; Census Place: Buffalo Ward 11, Erie, New York; Page: 27; Enumeration District: 0085; FHL microfilm: 1241027
- Year: 1930; Census Place: Buffalo, Erie, New York; Page: 30B; Enumeration District: 0129; FHL microfilm: 2341161
- Ancestry.com. New York, State Census, 1892 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2012.
- New York State Archives; Albany, New York; State Population Census Schedules, 1925; Election District: 06; Assembly District: 05; City: Buffalo Ward 16; County: Erie; Page: 80