Alexander Pajak was born in Cheektowaga, NY in late 1919 to Frank and Alice. At the time he was the youngest sibling to John 11, Joseph 9 Stephen 6, Edward 4, and Rudolph 3. The family stayed the same 5 years later, no one left and no new siblings.
In 1930 they lived at 91 Warsaw St. in Cheektowaga, NY. Oldest John is no longer with the family. Ten years later Alexander was still living with his parents. Stephen, Edward, and Rudolph are also living with them at 91 Warsaw St. The census doesn’t list him as working at the time it was filled out. He had worked not worked for 115 days. He was 21 with a 7th grade education. A lot has changed since the 1940s.
On October 16, 1940 he registered for the draft. He was 5’3″ and 130 pounds. On June 23, 1941 Alexander enlisted in the navy. His occupation is listed as carpenter and he lost 2 pounds. In August of 1944 he caught a cold. After 3 years and 2 months of working in a coast artillery Anti-Aircraft units he was admitted to the infirmary for a cold and released soon after. I did not find a discharge date.
Alexander was back in Buffalo and married Lottie Bialek on February 12, 1947.
Sadly after this I could find no more records until his death in March 1994.
- Ancestry.com. U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2015.
- New York State Department of Health; Albany, NY, USA; New York State Birth Index
- Year: 1920; Census Place: Cheektowaga, Erie, New York; Roll: T625_1109; Page: 21A; Enumeration District: 269
- Year: 1930; Census Place: Cheektowaga, Erie, New York; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 0381; FHL microfilm: 2341169
- New York State Archives; Albany, New York; State Population Census Schedules, 1925; Election District: 04; Assembly District: 07; City: Cheektowaga; County: Erie; Page: 68
- Year: 1940; Census Place: Cheektowaga, Erie, New York; Roll: m-t0627-02527; Page: 61B; Enumeration District: 15-51
- Ancestry.com. U.S., World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.
- Social Security Administration; Washington D.C., USA; Social Security Death Index, Master File
- New York State Department of Health; Albany, NY, USA; New York State Marriage Index
- National Archives at College Park; College Park, Maryland, USA; Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, 1938-1946; NAID: 1263923; Record Group Title: Records of the National Archives and Records Administration, 1789-ca. 2007; Record Group: 64; Box Number: 04693; Reel: 191
- National Archives and Records Administration; Hospital Admission Card Files, ca. 1970 – ca. 1970; NAI: 570973; Record Group Number: Records of the Office of the Surgeon General (Army), 1775-1994; Record Group Title: 112
- National Archives at College Park; College Park, Maryland, United States; Muster Rolls of U.S. Navy Ships, Stations, and Other Naval Activities, 01/01/1939 – 01/01/1949; Record Group: 24, Records of the Bureau of Naval Personnel, 1798 – 2007; Series ARC ID: 594996; Series MLR Number: A1 135
You must be logged in to post a comment.